Vice President, Youth Services
Houston, TX 77006 US
The Vice President of Youth Services, oversees the successful execution of youth shelter programs. The ideal candidate must be skilled in leadership, program management, budgeting, and collaboration with various stakeholders. This role demands a strong commitment to human dignity and providing outstanding support to youth transitioning or sheltered in the programs. Experience managing and operating a shelter contracted by the Office of Refugee Resettlement and possession of a License as a Childcare Administrator are required.
- Sets vision, leadership and performance standards for programs. Works with Directors to develop strategies and budgetary planning for meeting client needs, achieving programmatic and funding goals. Forms relationships with state, federal, faith-based and other non-profit organizations for community welfare. Maintains strong community relationships and routinely identifies new opportunities for collaboration and partnerships.
- Oversee a team of directors that coordination and the Youth Programs to create a comprehensive approach to supporting human dignity, family reunification and development of the human person.
- Manage individual and collective budgets for the programs, ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently and effectively across the various programs in order to meet program goals while maintaining financial sustainability. When appropriate, collaborate with the agency Senior Leadership to advocate for housing policies and seek out funding opportunities, including grants, donations, and government contracts.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Program Directors, fostering a collaborative and effective team environment. Work closely with program directors to identify opportunities for strategic program expansion, innovation, and improvement. Establish and maintain quality assurance measures to ensure that programs meet agency and funder standards and that clients receive high-quality services.
- Oversee and review the collection of program data and ensure accurate and timely reporting to track program performance, outcomes, and impact. Use this data to make data-informed decisions and drive continuous improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, such as government agencies, other nonprofit organizations, and community stakeholders. Collaborate on initiatives and leverage resources. Stay informed about relevant policies and regulations.
- Communicates as a regular senior team member and works closely with all other agency departments. Works to develop fundraising strategies, grant proposals, and external communication strategies. Works with accounting to achieve budget compliance and maximize reimbursements. Works with Human Resources to identify opportunities for staff development and cultural initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, participating in staff retreats, agency fairs, assisting with special organizational projects/events, and speaking engagements.
- Master's degree and licensure in social worker, counseling, or another related human services field
- Five (5) years of experience operating an ORR contracted shelter at a director level or above
- Five (5) years of experience in a leadership position
- Licensed as a Child Care Administrator
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Knowledge of child welfare and immigration policies.
- Strong understanding of trauma-informed care and culturally competent practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards, an appropriate professional image and a lead-by-example leadership style that promotes a positive, team-based environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with an open, transparent and respectful communication style.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in collaborative situations.
- Able to develop and strategically implement new program initiates.
- Able to cultivate strong mission focused teams.