VP - Finance and Accounting
Houston, TX 77077 US
Terrific opportunity to guide a public energy company through the next phase of their growth. This opportunity will allow you to be groomed to be the CFO and get exposure through acquisitions, interaction with the C-Suite, and through coaching, mentoring, and managing those in accounting and finance.
Compensation comes with competitive base pay, strong annual cash incentives, and annual long-term incentives. You will work with a top-notch executive team who do things the right way!
The Vice President of Finance and Reporting is responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and support to accounting functions and operations of the company with primary responsibility for overseeing: the external financial reporting processes, the Company’s treasury function and the long-term financial analysis and corporate development activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major functional areas of oversight (i.e., Financial Reporting, Treasury, FP&A and Controls)
- Ensures accurate and timely quarterly, and annual accounting reporting to external stakeholders in compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting guidelines.
- Oversee all Treasury related activities including cash and bank account management, corporate card oversight, customer collections and vendor management in addition to managing bank relationships and leading any capital raise activities.
- Key resource in supporting CEO and CFO corporate development and long-term financial planning and analysis activities.
- Oversee the maintaining and updating of financial models to perform what if/ad hoc requests from CFO.
- Interest in learning about business operations and willingness to participate in limited domestic travel.
- Plays a key role in reviewing and collaborating with Executive leadership to review financial performance reviewing routine financial reporting information.
- Uses in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and best practices to develop accounting and financial professionals
- Supports internal auditing processes and control testing and reviews and coordinates external audits.
- Operationalizes accounting systems and processes to deliver continuous improvements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Experience in financial analysis and external reporting with significant knowledge of the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- 10 years of cumulative experience in accounting and finance related roles with progressive responsibility
- Ideal background includes Big4 audit and industry SEC reporting experience
- Experience in managing teams and actively participating in performance management
- Certified Public Accountant designation strongly preferred
- Proven ability to produce accurate, high-quality work while meeting established deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong knowledge in Excel critical to success and strong knowledge of PowerPoint and graph building helpful