Houston, TX 77002 US
Our client is a significant energy focused Private Equity firm in Houston, and they are seeking an E&P Treasury Manager to serve in a key role in the Treasury function.
The overall firm as well as the E&P group within the firm are growing at an incredibly fast pace. The firm is extremely financially successful and well capitalized. The culture of the firm is very employee friendly and positive. This is a great way to join a successful organization and help grow a team to support one of the newest and fastest growing areas of the company.
Great base pay, annual cash bonus, and other incentives to share in the overall success of the company!
- The successful candidate will hold a key role within the Treasury function and be responsible for the Company’s cash management, liquidity, risk, and credit facility compliance. Their responsibilities will involve overseeing the company's cash flow, optimizing treasury operations, and ensuring compliance with regulatory and credit facility requirements.
- Develop a robust short and long-term cash flow forecasting process, support cash management and monitor working capital requirements.
- Manage joint venture cash disbursements, including capital expenditures, LOE, general and administrative expenses and other expenses.
- Manage the company’s credit facility, monitor borrowing needs, optimize the utilization of the credit facility as part of the cash management strategy.
- Manage and monitor ongoing compliance with debt covenants and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with functions throughout the company and investment teams to develop cash projections.
- Provide clear, consistent, and regular reporting regarding the daily, weekly, and monthly cash balances and activity.
- Establish and maintain relationships with financial institutions, negotiate banking terms, and evaluate banking services.
- Manage and review bank account structures, fees, and service agreements. Coordinate bank account openings, closures, and changes as needed.
- Manage cash reconciliations.
- Lead the month-end cash close process.
- Manage hedge activity, related reconciliations, and workflows.
- Manage the integration of the treasury process in the system conversion and implementation.
- Work closely with and supervise 3rd party service providers to achieve function and company goals.
- Work closely with other functions across the firm in streamlining the processes in achieving cross functional and treasury process efficiencies and addressing the business and reporting needs.
- Prioritize the process digitization and automation and work closely with the firm’s functions and digital team in working towards this objective.
- Maintain and update documentation of policies and procedures.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and trends and provide training and guidance to team members as needed.
- Support and execute special projects related to the firm’s operations.
- Motivate, mentor, and professionally develop the Treasury staff members.
- Work closely with external auditors in addressing audit requests and questions.
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge and comprehensive experience and solid track record in the Treasury function, preferably oil and gas industry; 7+ years of experience preferred.
- Experience with industry specific software.
- Solid understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with complex assignments.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail in conjunction with the ability to understand a “bigger picture” and business/operational goals.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (particularly Excel).