Terminal Automation Support Analyst
Houston, TX 77027 US
Role Summary: The Terminal Automation Applications Analyst role is responsible for performing or monitoring activities and projects related to the operation, integration, implementation, upgrade, and/or changes to Terminal Automation Systems.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Monitor or perform various activities and correction including setup, maintenance, balancing, transaction transmission, and support for Terminal Automation Applications.
- Monitor, perform and document processes and system internal audits.
- Monitor and conform to all SOX Compliance mandates.
- Work with and communicate to IT peers, IT management, Operations staff, and Operations management as needed.
- Learn and be able to train on new information technologies for terminal automation systems. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending professional workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies. Provide technical knowledge to co-workers for problem solving.
- Be familiar with and able to deliver training for new users on existing terminal automation systems and for all users on updated terminal automation systems. Understand and disseminate training plans for terminal automation systems throughout the company. Function as a training resource for all users.
- Understand and be able to use test backup procedures, including disaster recovery plan.
- Perform modifications to existing Terminal Automation Systems and implement across all terminals.
- Integrate new terminal data into existing system(s). Work with Customer Service for large integrations or changes.
- Act as resource for various projects related to terminal automation and billing systems.
- Provide appropriate support to field users by resolving terminal system issues or redirecting to appropriate team member, resource, or vendor.
- Act as liaison between support vendors.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Support other areas/special projects as needed.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline required.
- 0-2+ years experience Windows administration experience.
- 0-2+ years of related experience required, including terminal, engineering or other fuel related applications.
- Background and/or experience in Linux is preferred.
- Experience in the following is helpful: Terminal Automation Systems (TopTech), systems analysis and design methodologies, database management systems (MySQL, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, Access), client server technologies and browser-based applications.
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally.