Houston, TX 77019 US
Our client is a local CPA firm with a fantastic culture and work-life balance looking to add a Tax Manager to their growing team.
This client is a long standing firm with a great reputation in the middle market arena. They focus on privately held and PE backed companies and assist with tax preparation and planning, accounting (via another team) and audit. They also have a well established consulting practice.
An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in individual, corporate, partnership and trust tax return preparation, planning and research as well as proven management abilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking initiative and managing multiple client engagements.
- Maintaining good client relationships by communicating effectively.
- Supervising and reviewing complex individual, corporate, trust, partnership and other tax returns.
- Mentoring and assisting younger professionals.
- Conducting tax research, consulting and planning projects to identify and offer solutions to solve client tax issues.
Candidates should have a high level of professionalism, sense of responsibility, good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in person, with all levels of our Firm and with clients. Additionally, candidates should have:
- At least five years of recent tax experience in public accounting.
- CPA designation.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage people and multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions regarding tax issues.
- Strong relationship management and practice development skills.