Senior Tax Accountant
Houston, TX 77057 US
VERY hybrid (one day in office); Central Houston
Want to work for a multi-billion-dollar public company that only requires you to come into the office one day a week? Want to grow and be promoted within? Then this is the opportunity for you! This position’s primary role includes preparation and oversight of the financial reporting for income taxes including U.S. and international operations, consolidated SEC reporting, and general ledger tax accounting.
- Consolidates and reports tax provision results on a quarterly and year-to-date basis in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 740)
- Identifies, analyzes, and summarizes key drivers of tax provision results
- Assists with tax forecasts for various purposes, including cash tax management, income tax expense projections, and valuation allowance evaluation
- Adheres to established internal controls of position and assist in validating internal controls pertaining to other tax department activities
- Liaises with external and internal auditors
- Other tax department initiatives as assigned
- BBA in accounting or tax from accredited college or university required; advanced degree and CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in public accounting and/or in a role with large and complex U.S. operations.
- Experience with accounting, financial reporting, and internal controls for income taxes.
- Experience with tax compliance software – Corptax experience preferred.
- Experience with advanced Excel.