Senior Revenue Accountant
Houston, TX 77002 US
Downtown Houston E&P with a hybrid schedule AND a 9/80 work schedule AND a leadership development program AND great benefits including great vacation time seeks experienced Senior Revenue Accountant.
Our client is seeking an experienced, hard-working and detailed-oriented Sr. Revenue Accountant to perform various revenue functions related to our oil and gas assets in North Dakota and Montana. The Sr. Revenue Accountant’s primary responsibilities include processing oil and gas revenues for operated and non-operated properties, processing prior period adjustments (PPAs), preparing account reconciliations and analysis and leading various team projects. This position reports directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager and is located in downtown Houston, TX. Level and salary commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Prepare monthly oil & gas revenue accrual schedules
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to revenue accruals
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analysis
- Prepare oil & gas revenues for both operated and non-operated properties
- Review and present revenue financials
- Provide technical support and advise team members
- Train and mentor less experienced team members
- Liaise with various groups within the organization
- Other duties include but not limited to:
- Maintain SOX controls, policies and procedures related to specific job duties
- Coordinate and lead various audit and legal requests, as needed
- Coordinate and lead special projects, as needed
- Seven (7) years of experience in Revenue Accounting, specifically related to oil and gas.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills and ability to create and/or improve processes
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Develop a relationship and communicate effectively with various areas of the organization
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring accuracy of work product
- Flexible to grow and expand with company needs
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Enertia Software experience
- Texas, North Dakota, and Montana oil & gas Revenue Accounting experience desirable