Senior Manager, Mid Office and Trade Risk
Bellaire, TX 77401 US
The purpose of this job is to manage a team of Middle Office professionals in the production and distribution of daily exposure and profit & loss reports. The manager will be required to supervise and develop team members, improve processes and assure that control standards are maintained.
What you will do in this role:
- Driving synergies across different business stakeholders by identifying opportunities, developing strategic and tactical resolutions and delivering measurable results – Commercial, Operations, Inventory Control, Contracts, Settlements, Technology & Senior Management
- Supervise and provide strategic direction for the Mid-Office team.
- Select, coach, train and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Manage reference data, trade capture, scheduling, risk exposures, and the mark-to-market profit/loss component of ETRM software; this then allows for the planning, tracking, management and accounting for product that is physically moved from source to point of usage
- Development and enhancement of new reporting tools, key performance indicators and control functions for the Mid-Office.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or engineering required
- Minimum 8 years’ industry experience required
- Minimum 5 year’s leadership experience required
- Advanced Microsoft Office/Excel skills required
- Minimum three years’ experience with RightAngle or ETRM systems required
- Minimum five years’ experience working with front, middle and back office business and operational processes required
- Experience with process improvements and analytics required
- Familiarity with SQL