Senior HRIS Analyst
Houston, TX 77027 US
The Sr. HRIS Analyst plays a key role in the organization by ensuring efficient operation of the HR technology applications. The Sr. HRIS Analyst is involved in implementation and configuration, including integrations, maintaining the system, implementing process improvements, ensuring data quality, training functional and end users, and analyzing and reporting on the data in the HR technology platforms. This role serves as the technical point-of-contact and system subject matter expert for ensuring data integrity, configuration, testing of system changes, report authoring and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Champion and serve as technical expert for Human Resources Information System (HRIS), helping support long term strategic direction, design requirements, features, functionality, and progressive enhancements.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and liaison on the HR technology platforms. Maintain close relationships with relevant HR functional area(s) and act as an advisor for technology and related processes.
- Deliver the ongoing system configuration, design, and maintenance of HR technology ecosystems, ensuring accuracy of all elements of data. Serve as a strong consultative partner to functional leaders providing process and technology solutions to complex business needs.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Tier 2 and 3 issues, resolve complex system problems, and develop and manage complex workflow rules, data validations, and object customizations.
- Manage system security model and role-based permissions.
- Support daily activities such as process employee related data and records through HRIS databases.
- Perform mass updates in support of payroll and HR processes. Ensure data is loaded and fully reconciled.
- Play lead or support role in new project implementations and functionality uptake. This includes seeing projects through the full lifecycle and leading requirements gathering, configuration, testing, UAT, and post-production support.
- Design, develop, test, analyze and maintain reports and integrations.
- Work with internal stakeholders and vendors to document system requirements for integrations and implementation.
- Troubleshoot, provide solutions, and implement fixes to configuration, file feeds and system issues.
- Analyze current business processes to look for opportunities to improve and streamline. Implement identified system process improvements.
- Provide superior business intelligence through the building and distribution of simple to complex ad hoc reports and execute the creation and preparation of regular dashboards and infographics on topics such as turnover, DEI matrix, employee relations, employee development, talent acquisition, performance management, learning.
- Support reports and custom fields, maintaining report schedules, testing, and categorizing and management of report inventory.
- Assist in maintaining data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Monitor new features being released by HR technology vendors and advocate for appropriate adoption plans. Play lead or support tole in the review, testing and implementation of new features and functionality including test documentation, and post implementation support.
- Prioritize work related to projects, process improvements, integrations, and implementations.
- Manage HRIS-related projects, including leading cross functional or vendor meetings, identifying critical deadlines and coordinating training and communications.
- Serve as the technical lead, mentor, and trainer for other HR technology users.
- Minimum six (6) years of hands-on experience with at least one of the larger, major HR applications (e.g., Workday, UKG Pro, SuccessFactors, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- System Administrator or Super User experience with Cornerstone On Demand, Learning and Performance modules.
- Experience creating dashboards in Power BI.
- Experience with leading system implementations.
- A solid understanding of payroll and HR processes and procedures.
- Strong technical and working knowledge of HR systems, applications, theory, and practice.
- Advanced proficiency with data conversion and mapping.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, trouble shooting, consultancy and written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of requirement gathering techniques and project management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (x-lookup, v-lookup, advanced Excel functions and formulas).
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts with strong results necessary.
- Ability to provide, in user-friendly terms, sound ideas and solutions to end users on HR systems-related questions, tasks, projects and reports.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with ability to interact with all levels in the organization and cross-functional departments, such as IT and Payroll
- Demonstrated understanding of business objectives both internally and externally which impact the company’s ability to achieve its objectives.
- Experience supporting Global HR environment is a plus.
- Critical thinker with exceptional ability to model system workflows and processes and identify and resolve gaps.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or information systems.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time if necessary.
- System Administrator level experience with UKG Pro.
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Cognos Analytics.