Senior Director of Accounting
Houston, Tx 77002 US
Hybrid – Downtown
Our client is an international company focused on providing services for the energy business of both renewables and traditional oil and gas companies. The company continues to grow through organic growth, acquisitions, and expanding into new markets. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skill sets and work closely with operations.
The role reports to the CAO with a lot of visibility to the CFO, CEO, and COO. You will manage a group of strong professionals and clerical staff who need some mentoring and developing.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Review and analyze financial data to identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting.
- Provide guidance on complex accounting matters, including revenue recognition, lease accounting, business combinations, and financial instruments.
- Stay updated with new accounting pronouncements and assess their impact on the organization.
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards and ensure compliance with existing standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate the financial implications of new business initiatives and transactions.
General Ledger Accounting:
- Manage the general ledger function, including chart of accounts, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Supervise month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations to maintain accuracy and integrity of financial records.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger activity to identify and resolve any discrepancies or errors.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Set performance objectives, conduct regular performance reviews, and identify opportunities for skills enhancement.
- Collaborate with other finance leaders to align financial accounting initiatives with overall departmental goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory bodies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA designation is required
- Extensive experience (minimum 12 years) in financial accounting and reporting, with a focus on technical accounting.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other relevant accounting standards.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex accounting concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.