Houston, TX 77079 US
West Houston company seeks experienced Senior Accountant for a Work/life balance role doing accounting and tax work for mid market businesses
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Houston team.
The Senior Accountant and Advisor will work in a team environment providing accounting services to clients while becoming a trusted business advisor for clients. This position will include general accounting, tax preparation and special project work. The Business Advisor will serve as a “right hand” to the office leader, Accounting & Tax Principal, while supporting client management and business development initiatives.
This position is well suited for tax professionals with strong expertise in accounting to include; preparing and reviewing personal and business tax returns, providing guidance on tax issues, tax planning, and developing consulting/business relationships within their community.
However, this is a team and company that offers exceptional work/life balance and opportunities for advancement and growth. This is a unique firm where you can provide great support to clients but work reasonable hours most of the year and 45 hours/week during tax season. Don't miss this one!
- Supervising all aspects of business counseling, accounting, and tax preparation
- Monitoring business production pertaining to reviewing accounting reports
- Answering technical processing and accounting questions for clients
- Potentially hiring, training, and supervising business associates
- Managing special projects as assigned; including responsibilities for managing the office or sections of the office
- Certified Public Accountant license (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) license
- 4+ years of accounting and business advising experience
- 2+ years of proven experience growing and managing a team desirable
- Proven ability to solve practical problems while dealing with a variety of variables
- Ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in accounting and office software applications
- A leader’s presence with an unrivaled ability to collaborate with peers, staff, and senior management in a team-oriented environment
- An entrepreneurial drive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- A detail-oriented leader and individual contributor with the ability to “think outside the box”
- An unquestionable level of integrity and respects quality assurance requirements
- A history of building relationships with clients and colleagues
- Commitment to fostering and maintaining a service culture
Active CPA or EA license required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field preferred