Houston, TX 77002 US
This position is responsible for general accounting functions that support our client's new Energy Transition division. This new division focuses on acquiring alternative energy producers, such as RNG (renewable natural gas) and Hydrogen, into its portfolio. This position will focus on assimilating and maintaining acquisitions and expansion projects into our standard accounting practices. The client offers a hybrid schedule 3 days at office and 2 at home plus a 9/80 Work Schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-End Closing, including Revenues and COGS Accruals and journal entry recording.
- Understand the Customer contracts to ensure accurate revenue recognition. Also work with compliance groups in fulfilling related Sox and ASC 606 related reporting requirements.
- Generate Customer invoices for selected energy transition plants and follow up with customers if any issues.
- Prepare and review the monthly A/R Aging Report; follow up with Customers when needed.
- Monthly variance analysis and provide detailed explanations.
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation, focusing on Current Assets and Equity Accounts.
- Assist with identifying a billing system for implementation. From initial system requirement evaluation to final User Acceptance Testing, ensure proper implementation of the system.
- Calculate the weighted average cost of the on-hand LNG inventory, including the capitalization of certain direct costs in producing the inventory.
- Limited use of QuickBooks as we phase out this system from our legacy acquired entity.
- Periodic revenues reporting to corporate parent as well as State Tax authorities.
- Acquisition Assistance related accounting tasks such as participate in due diligence review, Purchase Price Accounting analysis and Working Capital True Up.
- Accounting support for a Joint Venture asset including distribution calculation review.
- Assist with internal/ external audit requests and perform additional Ad Hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years’ experience in an accounting-related position with strong knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Must have strong computer skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is mandatory.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work and to manage multiple demands and deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and detailed oriented with the ability to perform and meet deadlines.
- Requires business writing & acumen in business writing.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Overtime may be required during high volume periods (e.g., during close).
- Must complete and pass any requirements by local, state or federal agencies and/or corporate parent specific safety training as may be required at all corporate locations.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check prior to employment.