Houston, TX 77002 US
Our client is a privately held chemical manufacturing company based in Houston, Texas. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to help take their company to the next level.
They seek a highly-skilled Senior Accountant to take charge of comprehensive accounting functions for several of their chemical-manufacturing business units. In this role, you'll be responsible for recording, reporting, analyzing, and communicating financial activity and results. You will become a financial and accounting expert in your area, and you'll have the chance to embrace exciting opportunities.
As an integral member of a growing company, you will also work cross-functionally across all departments making team decisions.
- Own the accounting for multiple chemical manufacturing businesses, demonstrating strong financial management and expertise
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive monthly financial statements and reporting packages for executive and business management teams, providing key financial insights for strategic decision-making
- Drive process optimization and efficiency by leading continuous improvement initiatives across various functions
- Implement and monitor internal controls to ensure compliance with financial policies and regulations, maintaining the highest standards of financial integrity
- Develop and maintain detailed desk procedures, fostering operational consistency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors, facilitating smooth audit processes and ensuring financial compliance
- Manage change and improvement to the financial reporting systems
- Ability to drop everything and help wherever is needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least three years of progressive accounting experience.
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles, financial statement preparation, and analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment
- Strong Excel modeling and analysis skills, PowerPoint presentation skills, and analytical approach to issues
- Desire to work in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Able to bring fresh, new ideas to the team
- Knowledge of SAP, Chempax, Concur, or other accounting systems is preferred
- CPA designation is a plus