Revenue Accounting Manager
Houston, TX 77002 US
E&P REVENUE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Our client is a significant energy focused Private Equity firm in Houston, and they are seeking an E&P Revenue Accounting Manager to join their team to serve in a key role on the Revenue Accounting team.
The overall firm as well as the E&P group within the firm are growing at an incredibly fast pace. The firm is extremely financially successful and well capitalized. The culture of the firm is very employee friendly and positive. This is a great way to join a successful organization and help grow a team to support one of the newest and fastest growing areas of the company.
Great base pay, annual cash bonus, and other incentives to share in the overall success of the company!
- The successful candidate will hold a key role within the accounting team and be responsible for leading the Revenue Accounting, including providing oversight for the recording, tracking, and reporting of oil and gas revenue.
- Manage the revenue ownership decks and corporate accounting policy related to joint venture revenue accounting.
- Responsible for the monitoring, tracking, verification and troubleshooting of revenue data.
- Ensure operators’ revenue statements are in compliance with Joint Operating Agreements, regulatory requirements, accounting, legal and industry standards.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate revenue reporting.
- Provide guidance on all revenue accounting related matters.
- Ensure accurate revenue recognition in compliance with accounting standards and industry regulations.
- Work closely with the Land department and joint venture partners to ensure the accurate setup and maintenance of the revenue decks in the accounting system.
- Prioritize ensuring expedient revenue receipts from joint venture partners/operators and that the non-operated revenue receipt lag is optimized in working closely and directly with the joint venture partners and the Land function.
- Participate in negotiations with joint venture partners to resolve financial disputes as necessary.
- Work closely with the Land department and joint venture partners to resolve interest ownership, revenue, and other matters.
- Review accounts receivable balances related to revenue receipts/statements.
- Lead and support the revenue workflow in working together with the operations team.
- Responsible for calculating quarterly revenue accruals and the documentation supporting the underlying estimates.
- Lead the month-end close process related to revenue.
- Analyze production and pricing data to identify variances from budgeted amounts and investigate the reasons behind these variances.
- Manage the integration of the revenue process in the system conversion and implementation.
- Work closely with and supervise 3rd party service providers to achieve function and company goals.
- Work closely with other functions across the firm in streamlining the processes in achieving cross functional and revenue process efficiencies and addressing the business and reporting needs.
- Prioritize the process digitization and automation and work closely with the firm’s functions and digital team in working towards this objective.
- Maintain and update documentation of policies and procedures.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and trends and provide training and guidance to team members as needed.
- Support and execute special projects related to the firm’s operations.
- Motivate, mentor and professionally develop the accounting staff members.
- Work closely with external auditors in addressing audit requests and questions.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Strong knowledge and comprehensive experience and solid track record working with oil and gas revenue; 7+ years of experience preferred.
- Experience with industry specific software - P2 Bolo.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the oil and gas industry.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with complex assignments.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail in conjunction with the ability to understand a “bigger picture” and business/operational goals.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (particularly Excel).