Houston, TX 77002 US
- Serve as the primary recruiting point of contact for assigned client groups
- Manage full life cycle recruiting efforts to include creating and posting job descriptions, and sourcing, screening, and selecting candidates for hire
- Advise on matters related to compliance and employment law
- Manage employee onboarding and off-boarding
- Coordinate interview scheduling, manage candidate communication and prepare offer documents
- Protect our people and organization by supporting the creation of accessible HR policies and procedures that are compliant with federal and local laws and enhance VG’s culture.
- HR experience: You have three or more years of experience as recruiter and are passionate about the role HR can play in an organization. You are excited to learn about the newest and best practices and to help the client craft a unique and progressive employment brand. US and/or global SHRM/PHR HR certifications are a plus.
- Recruiting experience: You have three or more years of talent acquisition experience in a high growth company. You are accustomed to working with hiring managers to map new positions, craft job descriptions and manage the interview process including scheduling interviews, presenting job offers and declining candidates. Experience recruiting in the Oil & Gas industry and start-up experience is a plus.
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented. You can manage several concurrent projects at once, keeping track of the details involved with each and ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Collaborative and service-oriented. You greet everyone you encounter with a collaborative spirit, kindness, and empathy. You maintain strong relationships and remain responsive to each team member’s unique needs.
- Growth-oriented. You are always seeking to better yourself and your work, and you will push yourself to the peak of performance to help fulfill our mission. In service of that growth, you welcome and delight in feedback from supervisors, employees and colleagues.
- Nimble, creative problem solver. Although careful planning and execution define your work, you are positive and graceful when unexpected challenges arise. You are not scared of the challenge of balancing the need for global, unifying systems with the individual needs of our diverse team.
- Strong communication skills. In addition to your ability to articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely to many different audiences both in writing and verbally, you understand the power of words and have the unique gift of coaching others on how to appropriately express themselves.
- Technology-minded. You are familiar with modern ATS and HRIS products and are constantly thinking about how to simplify processes with technical solutions. Greenhouse and/or ADP Workforce Now experience a plus.