Project Manager - IT
Houston, TX 77064 US
SUMMARY: A Houston headquartered software company is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team. In this role, you will work with both the internal development team as well as the implementation and delivery teams for the successful growth, enhancement, and expansion of the organization’s commercial software products.
- Collaborate with clients to understand project requirements and establish project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to execute software application projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Partner with development and delivery leadership to allocate and manage project resources, including developers, designers, and other team members, for both client projects and internal development efforts.
- Identify and mitigate project risks, both for client projects and internal development, developing strategies to ensure success.
- Monitor and control project scope, addressing changes and deviations from the initial project plans.
- Ensure that all projects, including internal development efforts, are delivered within budget, and report on financial performance to senior management.
- Continuously enhance project management processes, SDLC, and release procedures, incorporating best practices and lessons learned.
- Establish and develop the organizational Project Management Office for oversight an communication.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; PMP or other project management certification preferred.
- 3+ years Proven experience in project management, including the successful delivery of software applications for external clients.
- Experience working with commercial software and associated delivery, implementation, customer interaction, and ongoing support.
- Strong experience in managing the internal SDLC and release process.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and client management skills.
- Familiarity with Agile and other project management methodologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be located in Houston, Texas
- Hybrid work schedule (multiple days in the office on a weekly basis as well as multiple days working remotely).