Houston, TX 77042 US
This position provides drafting support for the Company’s technology development group. This support includes design for New Product Development and Sustaining Product Development.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations to develop and maintain product designs.
- Create/revise detailed 3D models, layouts, drawings, and BOMs for new and existing equipment.
- Use proper drafting techniques and apply correct dimensional tolerances to drawings.
- Check manufacturing documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Calculate required values for resizing design dimensions to scale new and existing products.
- Participate in product design changes and new product development processes.
- Develop or modify assembly/testing procedures to be carried out by Operations.
- Implement and maintain accurate control of all data and documentation related to products and designs using an ePDM system.
- Complete paperwork and correspondence associated with product design and maintenance.
- Abide by Company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting, Industrial Design, Engineering Technology, or similar is preferred.
- Should have at least 4 years of design/drafting related experience.
- Knowledge of downhole and/or tubular running tools is preferred.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD software; SolidWorks/PDM experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of codes and standards in ASME, ASTM, API, AWS, DNV, and other industry standards is preferred.
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management is a plus.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.