Linux System Administrator
Houston, TX 77030 US
SUMMARY: A large Houston healthcare organization is seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator to join their team for a 5 month project with a strong option to be extended.
System administration of Linux servers. This includes providing analysis of business and management problems in terms of system and user department requirements. This will include assisting with and running applications as needed.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- May use CASE tools.
- Must be able to prepare information for project presentations.
- REQUIRED Bachelor's degree.
- Two years’ experience in system administration.
- must have experience as a system administrator of Linux/Unix systems.
- May substitute require education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one-to-one basis
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with Linux containers
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Experience with GPU workloads