Joint Interest Billing Manager
Houston, TX 77002 US
JOINT INTEREST BILLING MANAGER
Our client is a significant energy focused Private Equity firm in Houston, and they are seeking a Joint Interest Billing Manager to join their team to hold a key role on the accounting team.
The overall firm as well as the E&P group within the firm are growing at an incredibly fast pace. The firm is extremely financially successful and well capitalized. The culture of the firm is very employee friendly and positive. This is a great way to join a successful organization and help grow a team to support one of the newest and fastest growing areas of the company.
Great base pay, annual cash bonus, and other incentives to share in the overall success of the company!
- The successful candidate will hold a key role within the accounting team and be responsible for leading the Joint Interest Accounting, including providing oversight for the recording, tracking, joint billing and reporting of all oil and gas expenditures.
- Manage the cost allocations, ownership decks, AFE review, corporate accounting policy related to joint interest billing - capital and LOE.
- Responsible for the monitoring, tracking, verification and troubleshooting of cost allocations and related data.
- Ensure operators’ billing statements are in compliance with Joint Operating Agreements, regulatory requirements, accounting, legal and industry standards.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate joint interest billing reporting.
- Provide guidance on all joint interest accounting related matters.
- Work closely with the Land department and joint venture partners to ensure the accurate setup and maintenance of the billing decks in the accounting system.
- Negotiate with joint venture partners to resolve financial disputes as necessary.
- Work closely with the Land department and joint venture partners to resolve interest ownership, billing, and other matters.
- Review accounts receivable and accounts payable balances related to joint interest billings.
- Lead and support the AFE workflow in working together with the operations team.
- Responsible for calculating quarterly capital and LOE accruals and the documentation supporting the underlying estimates.
- Lead the month-end close process related to joint interest billing.
- Analyze financial data to identify variances from budgeted amounts and investigate the reasons behind these variances.
- Manage the integration of the joint interest billing process in the system conversion and implementation.
- Work closely with and supervise 3rd party service providers to achieve function and company goals.
- Work closely with other functions across the firm in streamlining the processes in achieving cross functional and joint interest billing process efficiencies and addressing the business and reporting needs.
- Prioritize the process digitization and automation and work closely with the firm’s functions and digital team in working towards this objective.
- Maintain and update documentation of policies and procedures.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and trends and provide training and guidance to team members as needed.
- Support and execute special projects related to the firm’s operations.
- Motivate, mentor and professionally develop the accounting staff members.
- Work closely with external auditors in addressing audit requests and questions.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Strong knowledge and comprehensive experience and solid track record working on the expenditure side of joint operating agreement; 7+ years of experience preferred.
- Experience with industry specific software - P2 Bolo.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the oil and gas industry.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with complex assignments.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail in conjunction with the ability to understand a “bigger picture” and business/operational goals.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (particularly Excel).