I.T. Applications Manager (JD Edwards)
Houston, TX 77035 US
A Houston headquartered company is seeking an experienced JD Edwards expert to join their team focusing on the supply chain, distribution, and financial areas. In this role you will work across the organization helping to optimize processes, ensure best practices, and provide strong JD Edwards understanding to existing and new issues and opportunities.
The IT Applications Manager will utilize their strong technical understanding combined with solid communication and problem-solving skills to guide in design, development, deployment and ongoing support of mission-critical information and software systems.
The successful person will oversee IT application delivery, work with internal customers, manage external vendors, and contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages and oversees day-to-day operations and provides vision, leadership, and direction for the JD Edwards (JDE) ERP platform including development/implementation, training, policy development and deployment support.
- Works with internal customers and external vendors to define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation.
- Solicits end-user feedback to ensure high quality products and processes and continuous improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications effectiveness and efficiency and develops strategies for improvement.
- Cultivates and communicates policies and procedures to ensure quality and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer systems design or comparable IT-related discipline; equivalent work experience may be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience with JD Edwards (Preferred experience with Supply Chain, Distribution, Financials on version 9.2.x or later)
- Proficiency with SQL or equivalent DBMS language is required.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard software applications
- Strong analytic skills
- Sensitive to customer satisfaction, knows customer needs and expectations, responds promptly to customer queries, and strives to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written communication skills for effective interaction with business users
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.