Financial Reporting Director
Houston, TX 77002 US
FINANCIAL REPORTING DIRECTOR
Our client is a significant energy focused Private Equity firm in Houston, and they are seeking an E&P Financial Reporting Manager/Director to join their team to lead the E&P Financial Reporting function.
The overall firm as well as the E&P group within the firm are growing at an incredibly fast pace. The firm is extremely financially successful and well capitalized. The culture of the firm is very employee friendly and positive. This is a great way to join a successful organization and help grow a team to support one of the newest and fastest growing areas of the company.
Great base pay, annual cash bonus, and other incentives to share in the overall success in the company!
- The successful candidate will hold a key role within the accounting team and be responsible for leading the financial reporting processes, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulations and internal policies and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the accounting and treasury team to ensure adherence to process controls, GAAP and internal policies, industry standards and compliance requirements.
- Manage the preparation and review of financial statements and compliance reporting.
- Work closely with the accounting and treasury teams and monitor compliance with credit facility covenant requirements.
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly internal reports to support departmental and business needs.
- Manage technical accounting matters and stay current with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Continuously evaluate the full cycle accounting process workflows and controls, work collaboratively with, and provide guidance to the back-office team to achieve accurate, prompt, and efficient results/outputs that roll up in the ultimate internal and external reporting.
- Interpret and analyze operational and financial information, assess trends, variances, and potential risks, and share feedback with senior management, investment team and the accounting team.
- Engage on oil and gas matters with the accounting team, joint venture parties and operators (net revenue interests, working interests, land title and assignment matters).
- Manage property accounting cycles (DD&A, ARO, reserves and associated disclosures).
- Collaborate with the investment team and manage the full cycle hedge workflows (trade verifications, approvals and executions, monthly counterparty settlement statements, quarterly MTM calculations).
- Review period-end accounting estimates, such as oil and gas accruals, ARO, etc.
- Oversee month-end close processes across the accounting functions.
- Manage the integration of the reporting and accounting processes in the system conversion and implementation.
- Work closely with and supervise 3rd party service providers to achieve function and company goals.
- Work closely with other functions across the firm in streamlining the processes in achieving cross functional process efficiencies and addressing the business and reporting needs.
- Prioritize the process digitization and automation and work closely with the firm’s functions and digital team in working towards this objective.
- Maintain and update documentation of policies and procedures.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and trends and provide training and guidance to team members as needed.
- Support and execute special projects related to the firm’s operations.
- Motivate, mentor, and professionally develop the accounting staff members.
- Work closely with external auditors in addressing audit requests and questions.
- Master’s degree in accounting or a related field
- CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge, comprehensive experience and solid track record working with reporting and accounting in the oil and gas upstream space; 8+ years of experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the oil and gas industry.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with complex assignments.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail in conjunction with the ability to understand a “bigger picture” and business/operational goals.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (particularly Excel).