Houston, TX 77006 US
Budget and Fiscal Compliance
- Prepares budgets for grant and contract proposals and renewal applications to funding sources; Works with program leadership and Accounting to prepare and submit timely, accurate grant and contract financial reports
- Represents agency programs at funding source meetings and functions, as required. Coordinates and manages audits, monitoring visits and billing reimbursement.
- Works closely with program leadership, Fund Development, Quality and Compliance to support proposal efforts from RFP release through award, developing, maintaining, and monitoring operating budgets.
- Reviews the monthly general ledger and financial statements for accuracy and reports any discrepancies to the Accounting Department. Provides special fiscal oversight to governmental contracts.
- Serves as the fiscal liaison between Senior Vice President of Programs, Accounting, and between departmental programs and funder for billing/reimbursement or purchases. Maintains relationships with funder fiscal contacts and stores and organizes funding proposals and contracts.
- Works closely with the Accounting team and program leadership to develop program agency budgets, ensure reports and expense are submitted monthly on a consistent and timely basis to ensure month and year end closings, and to ensure programs understand and follow Accounting procedures.
- Participate in Risk Management Task Forces and Committees as part of the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Provides technical supervision and mentoring to program Financial Analysts ensuring they can provide specific program, agency, funder, and analytics reports as requested.
- Provides regular and appropriate feedback including training, opportunities for professional growth, participates in regular performance evaluations and verbal and written improvement plans when needed.
- Works closely with program staff to develop forms and procedures to aid data tracking, reporting, and to simplify processes to submit check requests, track grant expenditures, understanding agency chart of account, and clarify key performance indicators tracked through PIR’s and other dashboards.
- Consolidates and ensures timely and quality submission of monthly statistical reports by assisting with collection and review of monthly PIR reports, and agency KPI dashboard reports; research and provide demographic reports using government databases, such as the U.S. Census survey.
- Performs data analyses to generate charts and statistical data reports using demographic and performance data for evaluation and reporting purposes.
- Work collaboratively with other managers and directors to successfully manage programs, and collaboratively aid to modify program data collection based on evaluative data. Assist in the creation of the regular reporting to funders, and support the design, development, testing and implementation of system and program improvements that impact program PIRs and KPIs
- Performing other duties as requested by Senior Vice President such as participating in staff retreats, assisting with presentations, United Way activities, agency fairs and speaking engagements and assisting with special projects/events, etc. Travel to other site locations as needed to provide support to agency staff in any of above duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, BA
- 5 years of experience with budget management,
- 3 years management experrience
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, and strong in data analytics.
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively as an individual and part of the team.
- Demonstrates success in dealing with a variety of people, i.e. staff, senior management, clients, volunteers, stakeholders, and partners.
- Experience in fiscal compliance and internal cash disbursement control systems design and implementation.
- Experience in managing service-related information for tracking and reporting purposes, e.g., measurable outcomes data.
- Combines both big picture and detail orientated thinking. Good time management skills.
- Strong ability to represent the interests of the agency, interact effectively with a diverse client base, and be comfortable building successful collaborative relationships with staff, volunteers, and with community and resource building.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Principles and Ethics.
- Supervisory experience with strong skills in coaching, mentoring and policy and procedures development.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e., Windows, Microsoft Office, Access, HMIS, ETO, etc. (strong Excel skills such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.