Houston, Tx 77002 US
Hybrid – Downtown
Our client is an international company focused on providing services for the energy business of both renewables and traditional oil and gas companies. The company continues to grow through organic growth, acquisitions, and expanding into new markets. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skill sets and work closely with operations.
General Responsibilities (40%)
- Responsible for building and maintaining Product P&L Excel model.
- Analyze monthly financial and operational results and communicate that to both Finance Leadership and Business Partners in a way that is easily consumed by the target audience.
- Collaborate with business unit leadership team to gather keys data points to forecast expenses accurately.
- Present actuals and forecasted financials to finance and business unit leadership.
- Own these responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Process Improvement (30%)
- Identify process improvement opportunities and take initiative to automate recurring tasks using Power BI or other BI tools.
- Build financial models to facilitate annual budgeting process.
- Participate in long range planning process by building financial model in collaboration with business partners.
- Resolve business problems using data analysis and help support data-driven decision making.
Strategic Responsibilities (30%)
- Play a key part in shaping the Product Strategy by providing key data insights to business partners.
- Given flexibility to try new projects and implement new ideas (not afraid to fail) that will either help grow our sales or EBITDA.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and 4+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles and accounting/budgeting processes.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources, identify and reconcile gaps in order to report findings and drive decision making.
- Excellent Excel modelling skills.
- Experience with operational and financial ERP systems including Salesforce, Adaptive, and NetSuite.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and techniques.