Family Office Accountant and Personal Assistant
Houston, TX 77027 US
High net-worth family office in central Houston seeks a Family Office Accountant and Personal Assistant to manage financial and personal matters for prominent Executive and her family. This role has an in office work schedule and but allow for some flexibility as well. Medical benefits and a 401K with a match is offered as part of the benefit package.
Our client is a well-respected, highly successful physician and medical office owner in Houston and this role works for both the medical and family office. This Doctor has extensive investments and is an active Executive in a well-known Houston practice. The role will work closely with the Executive on both personal and professional matters and will be the point person for this Executive in financial and family office matters. This will include working closely on the family’s financials including accounting, tax coordination, trusts, brokerage accounts, and more. This role will interact with foundations, charitable organizations, BOD members of several organizations, and with the Executive’s medical office. Confidentiality is absolutely required, as well as professionalism, polish, and attention to detail.
This role has broad responsibility for Financial Reporting and accounting, Compliance, Coordination, Executive Administrative duties, Travel Coordination, Personal assistance as well as special projects that arise from time to time.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cash management and wire transfers as well as funding for private investments.
- Take incoming calls and facilitate management of the Executive’s calendar. This role is a gatekeeper and assists with calendar coordination in the Executive’s professional and personal life.
- Handle investments, pay bills.
- This role also works closely with attorneys, brokers, bankers, and other service providers.
- Organizes numerous tax documents from various investments and employment.
- Responsible for payroll for household and family employees.
- Works closely with the Executive’s outside accounting firm and other financial specialists.
- Responsible for accounting for the medical and family office in QuickBooks as well as collecting and organizing accounting and tax information for the outside CPA firm.
Personal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Travel arrangements, including coordination with household staff and preparation of detailed travel itineraries, etc.
- Accounting and finances related to household staff and household expenditures, including rental homes. Online payment of personal bills not on autopay.
- This is a full-time job. There is, however, some flexibility in work schedule. The individual will occasionally need to be available after hours and on weekends. This role is on call and will be expected to be responsive to requests outside of the typical 9 am – 5 pm hours.
- This role will coordinate with various foundations and other organizations and will maintain a respectful, collaborative demeanor in all interactions.
- This role interacts with the Executive’s family members including older children and household staff and assists with requests from time to time.
- 4-year degree from a known & accredited university desired.
- 8 -20 years’ experience at a CPA firm, law firm, or family office desired.
- Strong Excel and Word skills required although there is not extensive daily work required using the software.
- Finance and cash management experience desirable.
- Ability to be very responsive with a calm, professional demeanor.
- Proven history of working effectively with extremely high-level professionals, but also able to relate to and interact with lower-level employees equally well.
- Experience with trusts, CPA firms and banks desirable.
- Private Investment exposure helpful.
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail required.
- Ability to maintain discretion in all matters.
- Strong time management skills desired and ability to think on one’s feet required.