Houston, TX 77056 US
We are looking for an FP&A analyst to join our team. We are a publicly traded investment company looking for someone that can bring their attention to detail, strong work ethic and organizational skills to our team and organization. We are searching for a self-starter with a positive attitude who will focus on getting the job done in an efficient and effective manner in a deadline sensitive environment.
This position will be engaged as a member of the accounting, finance, and investment teams. This role assists with planning and analysis of our investments in our portfolio companies and as well as planning and analysis for the parent corporation. This role offers the opportunity to further develop accounting, financial and reporting skills. The opportunity also allows the individual to be part of ongoing transformation of tools, technology, and templates to continue to operate as best in class.
- Maintain financials for Portfolio Companies, deal teams and corporate parent for planning and budgeting purposes
- Create and assist in management (internal) reporting and analysis
- Assist in special projects and ad hoc reporting as directed by executive management
- Create Investor and Analyst presentations
- Communicate with Portfolio Companies on a monthly basis regarding financial results and operational objectives
- Develop OneStream knowledge to assist Portfolio Companies in their monthly reporting, including any additional KPI data
- Create reporting packages alongside the Portfolio Company for their current and historical financial records
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required (Master’s in Accounting or MBA is a plus)
- Prefer candidates who currently have a CPA designation or are currently working towards a designation.
- 2-4 years of experience in banking, accounting, or related finance function
- Strong accounting and GAAP background
- Must demonstrate leadership potential
- Must exhibit a strong work ethic and be willing to complete projects accurately under tight deadlines
- Exhibit strong organizational, communication, and Microsoft Excel skills.