Director of Infrastructure
Houston, TX 77001 US
A well-known Houston organization is seeking an experienced director of infrastructure to join their team. In this role you will provide strategic direction while also providing hands on delivery and leadership ensuring stability of the IT infrastructure in a hybrid environment.
- Utilize your experience managing an Infrastructure team (servers, storage, firewall, vpn, switch/route, cloud ) to provide ongoing leadership and guidance to your team and the organization.
- Establish a 3year IT plan working with the Vice President and CIO along with other IT and organizational leadership to ensure the overall IT plan aligns with the organizational objectives.
- Currently a hybrid environment, this role will lead the transition from on prem to a cloud 1st mentality.
- Supervise and participate in the implementation of IT infrastructure projects including planning, budgeting, assignments, and timely delivery.
- Manage daily operations of IT systems, infrastructure, networks, public cloud and SaaS providers.
- Participate in IT Vulnerability Management and change control meetings
- Participate in annual risk assessment, IT audit, and pen tests
- Implement, maintain, and test the data backup and disaster recovery strategy based on department business continuity plans (BCP) and documented recovery point objectives/recovery time objectives (RPO/RTO).
- Install, configure and support various network systems including Cisco network/security equipment, Cisco UCS servers, NetApp storage systems and Cisco/NetApp FlexPod systems.
- Manage the Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory (AAD now Entra), M365 environment.
- Manage the various directory services including DNS, DHCP, file and print servers.
- Manage VMWare environment
- Vendor Mgmt – Maintain relationships with external vendors and service providers. Oversee negotiations and contracts with third parties.
- Team Leadership and Development: Lead, mentor and manage the IT infrastructure team including hiring, training, performance evaluation and career growth.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Bachelor’s degree from a fouryear accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 5 years managing or leading Infrastructure Teams
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g., ITIL, CISSP, CCNA, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP with a preference in Azure/M365
- Strong Azure hosted experience including network access, server hosting, on prem SQL to Azure SQL, data factory.
- Must have experience in driving process improvements and fostering collaboration.
- Must have strong problemsolving skills and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to align technology initiatives with business goals.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to nontechnical stakeholders.
- Must have strong leadership skills but still be a handson working leader
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member in order to accomplish department goals.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities