Search Services http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61960/logos/searchsvc-hml.png http://www.searchsvc.com http://www.searchsvc.com true
Development Manager - Commodity Trading Platform
Houston, TX 77024 US
2023-02-02 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Direct Category: Developer Job Number: 17870 Work Model: Onsite Internal Reference: #LI-PF1
The Commodity Development Manager is an exciting opportunity that will work directly with the CIO of a Commodity Trading Company (Power & Gas) focused on in-house application design. You will be responsible for implementing new features, working with stakeholders to understand and gather requirements and manager projects, enforce discipline in coding process for their Trading Platform (Beacon – python based). This opportunity is highly visible and plays a major role in advancing the company’s goals.
What you will do
What you will do
- Build and manage a team of in-house developers
- Manage project tasks with urgency and purpose, demonstrate initiative.
- Consistently deliver high quality work that fully addresses the intended criteria, goals, and objectives.
- Deconstruct complex technical challenges to ensure actionable plans and progress.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written form to stakeholders, team members, and leaders.
- Coach and lead one or more engineering teams, driving its technical strategy and roadmap, crafting success metrics in close collaboration
- Forge strong partnerships with product management and other key areas of the business to design and communicate roadmaps.
- Lead and facilitate cross-team interactions, communication, and dependencies.
- Lead the engineering team through the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class.
- Empower your direct reports with knowledge and opportunities to grow in their careers.
- Above all else you’re an engineer and you solve problems through applied software development. You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact at a company.
- You designed, developed, and tested software in the past.
- You worked in a fast-paced, agile environment. Working as part of a distributed engineering team doesn’t scare you.
- You’re a lifelong learner. You’re able to grasp new technical concepts and apply new skills.
- You documented technical processes and software that you developed.
- You’re a strong communicator, with ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, in both written and verbal form, to a technical audience.
- You’re a self-starter and are comfortable analyzing, researching, and debugging code and environment challenges.
- 10+ years leading software development teams.
- Experience in Commodity Trading Platforms – Beacon, and/or Athena/Quartz
- Ability to manage projects, introduce and enforce coding, CI/CD
- AWS Cloud
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available customer facing services.
- Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- Iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment tooling and processes.
- Python Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience