Data Specialist (Engineering and Geoscience)
Houston, TX 77024 US
A large entity is seeking to add an experienced Data specialist to their Engineering and Geo Sciences team. This is a long term contract opportunity (initially 1 year with a strong option to be extended) and is hybrid/onsite role in West Houston.
You will work with the Engineering and Geo-sciences disciplines and collaborate to prepare and enhance technical data quality, source access, integration, and visualization. Knowledge in advanced analytical methods experience is a plus. Requires a comprehensive knowledge of Engineering and Geoscience data & tools, data connections, and software/platforms. The ideal candidate is a meticulous, analytical thinker who can work collaboratively with a highly technical team and other IT groups when required but is also a driven independent contributor.
• Responsible for quality checks and distribution of Engineering and Geoscience technical data throughout projects and current software packages.
• Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources. Conduct quality audits to data sources and automated reports. Work with subscription representatives if necessary.
• Use data and analytical tools to interpret rich data sources, manage large amounts of data, merge data sources, ensure consistency of datasets before consumption.
• Creates and assists in data access and visualizations for the NRD team.
• Liaise with data analysts and other members of the IT group to deliver required data and solve data quality and accessing issues, as well as data integration aspects for different projects and stakeholders in the NRD team.
• Deep technical understanding and experience dealing with oil and gas production, well construction and geoscience data.
• Experience developing and supporting business intelligence and analytics solutions (e.g., Spotfire, Power BI, etc.) with emphasis on applications related to geoscience and production engineering. Ability to gather application technical requirements and capture client needs utilizing appropriate methods, controls, and documentation.
• Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication).
• Ability to foster partnerships with business partners and other groups, build relationships across business units and with key stakeholders.
• Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem-solving using data.
• Minimum of 5 years of related/relevant experience in oil and gas industry: Strong O&G business and operational acumen, excellent project management skills, exhibits strong technical communication skills.
• Power User knowledge and skills on Spotfire or similar BI visualizations/analytical tools.
• Proficiency in some engineering and geoscience software (S&P Kingdom, ComboCurve, PHDwin)
• Programming languages: SQL, Python, R, C#, Java.