Houston, TX 77024 US
Our client is a rapidly growing Power & Gas Commodity trading company based out of Manhattan, NY. They are seeking a AWS Data Engineer with commodity trading experience.
The company has offices in Houston, Manhattan, London, Australia, etc.
To support rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for solving complex problems related to data infrastructures for large scale and fast-growing datasets, including data ingestion, data consumption, processing and automation. Above all, we’re looking for someone who is driven and excited about the positive impact technology can have on business.
Let’s give you a purpose:
- Design and implement the data infrastructure platforms including the data ingestion, data consumption and stream processing on AWS
- Write code to automate ingestion and transformation of data from different sources (from conception to production)
- Design, build, and own highly resilient data processing jobs
- Build systems that represent real-world intricacies of physical commodities
- Collaborate with Services team to identify and map different data sources
- Participate in code reviews to push for high quality and coding standards
- Support the development and maintenance of data engineering guidelines, policies, standards and process narratives
- Mentor and guide other data engineers in the team
- Platform: Python, AWS, Postgres
What you'll bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or extensive practical experience with software development
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment such as a startup or rapidly growing company
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency in Python (Dash/Plotly) and SQL
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Development of ETL Pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability