Houston, TX 77030 US
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of account detail with general ledger balances. Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Analyze financial data to identify discrepancies or opportunities within the business.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of revenue and costs to the correct divisional unit, cost center, or other center of record.
- Maintains accurate and complete financial records and participates in audits and/or reviews as necessary.
- Manages all aspects of entries necessary for full monthly close. Inputs Cash entries and balances accounts with G/L.
- Resolves banking and lockbox issues/discrepancies.
- Records daily banking activity.
- Oversees A/P and Payroll functions
- Manages merchant accounts, charge back issues and equipment.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with HIPAA and Corporate Compliance program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required.
- Healthcare experience a plus; at least 5 years of supervisory experience as well.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Strong understanding of accounting and management principles.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of others, and to monitor goals, objectives, deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrate accuracy, organizational and problem-solving skills. Look for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgement in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Must possess ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to operate a general computer, fax, copier, scanner and telephone.