Houston, TX 77006 US
• Assess client eligibility for Social Adjustment Services, complete intakes, and create individualized service plans. Provide services identified on service plan in a timely manner. Make necessary referrals within the agency and outside of the agency, as needed. Ensure that services are provided in accordance with LEP policy.
• Maintain client files, update case notes, and update calendar. Ensure that all client information and activities are tracked in Client Track as well as Refugee Management Solution. Perform other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator such as assisting with outreach, training volunteers and interns, assisting with airport pick-ups, assisting with projects, etc.
• High School Diploma or GED
• One (1) year experience in an administrative setting or within refugee populations
• Valid Texas driver’s license SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Able to demonstrate organizational and planning skills
• Able to demonstrate success in dealing with a various type of people
• Able to successfully document case notes
• Able to provide group and individual orientations for clients
• Able to handle confidential client information
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Requires contact by telephone, written communication, and face-to-face contact with other staff, clients, funders, financial institutions, other stakeholders, and/or volunteers.
• Desktop computer, laptop computer, Virtual Private Network (VPN), telephone, calculator, fax machine, camera and/or copier.
• Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Some evening, weekend hours, and on call rotation may be requested.
• Ability to lift twenty pounds; stooping, climbing, and bending.
MENTAL AND APTITUDE REQUIREMENTS
• Job requires strong analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, and decision-making skills