Houston, TX 77098 US
Central Texas based, fast growing automotive related organization seeks an experienced CFO/Controller for dynamic, newly created opportunity! In person role South of Dallas. Relocation assistance will be considered for qualified applicants.
Our client is a rapidly evolving organization with an exceptional story and track record. The company is poised for significant growth and needs to add to the executive leadership team. The company has grown dramatically over the last several years and has backlog to support a continued trajectory of organic growth with new and existing customers amidst a backdrop of growing end market demand. Primary responsibilities will include the planning, implementation, and running of all accounting and finance activities including business planning, budgeting forecasting, reporting, and negotiations with lenders and service providers. This position will help to drive financial strategy and planning for the organization and work closely with operations, executives, external parties and a private equity firm in accomplishing anticipated growth.
This role reports to the CEO of the company, the Board, and the majority owner private equity firm. This position will manage Controller roles and responsibilities as well as treasury, investor relations and all finance functions. This role will work closely with people in all parts of the organization and will serve a vital and important part of the anticipated growth and success that is projected. The company is well backed financially and has an extremely successful leadership team who is looking for a financial executive to join the team.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for duties related to a number of areas of the organization.
This position is over all operational accounting and process improvement.
- Ability to quickly understand background of company business and organization including identification of opportunities for projects to enable company to increase their business success
- Provide leadership for the financial management team
- Responsible for all internal financial reporting to executive team
- Serves on the senior leadership team and helps strategize about the financial direction of company
- Coordinates with external CPA firms for all annual tax filings and audits
- Responsible for budgeting, cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, and reporting to multiple lenders
This position provides extensive analysis to leadership and to support Treasury functions.
- Utilize data analysis to develop conclusions and recommendations for growth, margin enhancement, and to unlock working capital efficiencies
- Focus on strategic initiatives and directives, and lead a team to execute
- Use supporting data to draw meaningful insights and create innovative solutions, then drive the organization to adopt these solutions.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of the automotive industry – several segments of this industry will be considered, but experience in the automotive industry is required
- Develop staff’s industry knowledge and expertise in the field and provide effective training
- 4 year Accounting or Finance degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- CPA desirable, not required
- 10+ Years Accounting leadership experience
- Multi-Bank Financing experience desirable as well as debt management experience
- Proven managerial expertise and background, however client desires a candidate with a hands on capability and attitude
- Prior success working in a private equity backed company is preferred
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation abilities for reporting to the Board and lenders
- Experience managing significant manufacturing/assembly inventory, including experience with product costing and product margin analysis