Accounts Payable Supervisor
Houston, TX 77006 US
- Manage all processes and functions to run smoothly, manage a diverse team, resolve conflict, create meaningful goals and provide guidance to achieve set departmental and strategic goals.
- Supervise all various daily and reoccurring tasks including, but not limited to overseeing the timely and accurate payment of invoices, expense accounts and assistance payments with integrity.
- Participate in special projects and audits as required by the Controller and CFO.
- Project management experience - ability to assist in the implementation of new systems including Imaging/scanning, vendor portal and automation of payments.
- Delivers analysis of expense trends and prioritizing payments in a way that takes advantage of discounts and helps cash flow.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis and maintains vendor records, in addition to setting-up new vendors as needed & managing vendor relationships and issues.
- Updates/creates written A/P policies and procedures as needed and develops procedures to improve existing processes, to include making recommendations and implementing processing efficiencies.
- Understands AP's impact on the general ledger and the financial statements.
- Researches and resolves invoice issues.
- Liaison to program managers to resolve issues concerning the payables process and providing assistance with program audits.
- Communicates with billing staff to resolve billing and contract reimbursements discrepancies should they arise.
- Assist with unclaimed checks and escheatment.
- Assist with reconciliation of AP subledger to Financial Edge GL.
- Analyze payments and evaluate for accuracy.
- Responsible for review and posting of AP in FE system.
- Notify appropriate Accounting staff for positive pay of Agency checks.
- Ensures accurate and timely filing of 1099s, oversees vendor W-9s and monitors petty cash.
- Administer purchase cards, vendor credit accounts and mileage expense while developing policies and procedures for efficient and effective implementation.
- Oversee the deposit function for the remote scanner.
- Reviews expense charge codes.
- Responsible for training, mentoring, coaching and supervising AP staff and ensures A/P department successfully accomplishes goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as required such as participating in staff retreats, United Way tours, agency fairs and speaking engagements, assisting with special organizational projects/events, etc., and other accounting duties such as back-up to other areas, audit requirements, and other assigned accounting tasks.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business, or
- Two (2) years of experience in an accounting department, including handling accounts payable, and understanding of general ledger account coding, in lieu of education
- One (1) year of experience in a leadership role
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, customer-oriented, flexible, and adaptive to work in a high volume fast paced team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail to include accurate data entry and excellent proofing capability.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with computerized general ledger packages, spreadsheets, and word processing programs (MS Office Suite).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information