Search Services http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61960/logos/searchsvc-hml.png http://www.searchsvc.com http://www.searchsvc.com true
Baytown, TX 77252 US
2023-03-02 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Direct Category: Clerical Accounting Job Number: 17939 Work Model: #LI-Onsite Internal Reference: #LI-CS1
Our SE area manufacturing client is seeking to add an Accounting Clerk to their accounting department. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring accounting records and reports are accurate, complete and prepared in accordance with GAAP and consistent with corporate policy. This position is responsible for ensuring that accurate amounts are recorded for the balance sheet and income statement and assist in timely supporting reconciliations. Supports other areas as needed.
- Performs timely and accurate general accounting and support.
- Verifying the accuracy of vendor invoices, customer invoices, and other accounting documents or records.
- Communicate with all customers and vendors.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records.
- Maintain all receipts and records for accounting.
- Entry of data into the NAV system.
- Reconcile voucher reports and P.O.’s and enter all invoices for P.O.’s
- Weekly check runs.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Receive and deposit checks and wires and reconcile customer balances.
- Collections and post of payments for customers and credit cards.
- Set up bank wires and enter various journal entries.
- Assist with tax filings such as 1099s, FET and Sales Tax.
- Provides assistance with external audit and General Ledger projects.
- Assist with special projects assigned by management.
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential.
- Month end, quarterly, and annual month end duties as assigned.
- Participate in physical inventories.
- Assist with switchboard as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration or a comparable equivalent number of years of experience plus two years of accounting experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.