Search Services http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61960/logos/searchsvc-hml.png http://www.searchsvc.com http://www.searchsvc.com true
AR Legal Clerk
Houston, TX 77056 US
2023-02-16 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Contract Category: Clerical Accounting Job Number: 17905 Work Model: #LI-Onsite Internal Reference: #LI-MG1
Our Galleria client company is seeking a temporary Accounts Receivable Legal Clerk to assist with the Accounts Receivable (A/R) system for the Family Program and assist with administrative functions. The A/R Legal Clerk is also responsible for maintaining financial records and processing financial transactions, monitoring and dispensing petty cash, updating invoices, accepting payments, and storing, tracking, and distributing client filing fees to the appropriate staff member upon submission of legal applications.
- Assist in maintaining the Accounts Receivable System for the Center. Collect client payments, create credit memos, post payments, and produce an income report monthly. Maintain invoices, cash receipts, answer questions regarding clients' accounts, and make collection calls on aged A/R accounts, as needed. Safekeep, track, process, and distribute client filing fees, following all appropriate security measures and program policies. Monitor and dispense petty cash to make change for clients as necessary. Create invoices in LawLogix for monthly E-filings to ensure expenses are captured and maintained for litigation expenses.
- Process client payments for legal services. Safekeep, track, process, and distribute client filing fees, following all appropriate security measures and program policies. Monitor and dispense petty cash to make change for clients as necessary.
- Conduct a reconciliation of cash receipts for the Family Program to ensure payments are received and are posted to the General Ledger within a timely fashion. Communicates any discrepancies or pending payments in the A/R system to the Business Manager and coordinates with the Accounting Department to report payments.
- Work in coordination with the Accounts Receivable Clerk to process program reports such as: timesheets, expense reports, invoices, check request, and out-of-city travel reports. Conducts a cursory review of expenses to ensure supporting documentation is provided and coordinates with staff as needed to make revisions based on findings. Assist the Business Manager by running a billing report statement from LawLogix and coordinates with staff to properly distribute case fees.
- Comply with all contract requirements. Provide data and statistical information for grant, contract, and other reporting purposes. Provide accurate and timely monthly data, time logs, and reports for internal use, funder use, and other entity use.
- Attendance and participation in staff, Agency, and Group meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Business Manager as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience working in accounts receivable or accounting related functions
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, multitask, and work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access).
- Demonstrates multi-cultural skills and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.