Search Services http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61960/logos/searchsvc-hml.png http://www.searchsvc.com http://www.searchsvc.com true
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Houston, TX 77006 US
2023-02-14 2023-07-07 Employment Type: Contract Category: Clerical Accounting Job Number: 17890 Work Model: #LI-Onsite Internal Reference: #LI-MG1
Our DT client is seeking an AP Supervisor for their accounting department. The Supervisor, Accounts Payable plays a key role on the accounting team who ensures department goals and objectives are reached. This role is responsible for supervising Accounts Payable staff, maintaining files, performing accurate data entry, researching information and providing key input for cost reduction measures. The Accounts Payable Supervisor will manage the team's end-to-end AP processing operations as well as backing up other accounting functions as needed. In addition, this position works with other members of the Finance team and staff throughout the organization to answer questions, provide audit support and, cost data as necessary, including processing invoices and check requests for payment and maintaining petty cash.
- Manage all processes and functions to run smoothly, manage a diverse team, resolve conflict, create meaningful goals and provide guidance to achieve set departmental and strategic goals.
- Supervise all various daily and reoccurring tasks including, but not limited to overseeing the timely and accurate payment of invoices, expense accounts and assistance payments with integrity.
- Participate in special projects and audits as required by the Controller and CFO.
- Project management experience - ability to assist in the implementation of new systems including Imaging/scanning, vendor portal and automation of payments.
- Delivers analysis of expense trends and prioritizing payments in a way that takes advantage of discounts and helps cash flow.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis and maintains vendor records, in addition to setting-up new vendors as needed & managing vendor relationships and issues.
- Updates/creates written A/P policies and procedures as needed and develops procedures to improve existing processes, to include making recommendations and implementing processing efficiencies.
- Understands AP's impact on the general ledger and the financial statements.
- Researches and resolves invoice issues.
- Liaison to program managers to resolve issues concerning the payables process and providing assistance with program audits.
- Communicates with billing staff to resolve billing and contract reimbursements discrepancies should they arise.
- Assist with unclaimed checks and escheatment.
- Assist with reconciliation of AP subledger to Financial Edge GL.
- Analyze payments and evaluate for accuracy.
- Responsible for review and posting of AP in FE system.
- Notify appropriate Accounting staff for positive pay of Agency checks.
- Ensures accurate and timely filing of 1099s, oversees vendor W-9s and monitors petty cash.
- Administer purchase cards, vendor credit accounts and mileage expense while developing policies and procedures for efficient and effective implementation.
- Oversee the deposit function for the remote scanner.
- Reviews expense charge codes.
- Responsible for training, mentoring, coaching and supervising AP staff and ensures A/P department successfully accomplishes goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as required such as participating in staff retreats, United Way tours, agency fairs and speaking engagements, assisting with special organizational projects/events, etc., and other accounting duties such as back-up to other areas, audit requirements, and other assigned accounting tasks.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business, or
- Two (2) years of experience in an accounting department, including handling accounts payable, and understanding of general ledger account coding, in lieu of education
- One (1) year of experience in a leadership role
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, customer-oriented, flexible, and adaptive to work in a high volume fast paced team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail to include accurate data entry and excellent proofing capability.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with computerized general ledger packages, spreadsheets, and word processing programs (MS Office Suite).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information